With fall break coming up this weekend, now is a good time to toss out some activities to help you get away from the past two months of seemingly non-stop work. Check these out!
- Go hiking! There are plenty of mountains to the west in need of exploration!
- Steve Hofstetter, a standup comedian based in New York, will be returning to the area for a special show at Open Space Theatre (4609 West Market St., Greensboro) on Sunday, Oct. 17 at 8 pm. The main thread of his standup act is a focus on education ~ so as a thank you, Hofstetter is offering anyone involved in an educational institution a $3 ticket to see his show. Normally the tickets are $20, but if you visit here and use PromoCode EduTHREE, they’re just $3!
- On Oct. 16, local author, Gary Bolick, will be at Barnhills Books - reading from and signing copies of his books, Angel's Oracle and A Snowman in July.
- On Saturday, Foothills Beer School is back. Tickets are $10 per person, which includes a detailed class on the brewing process, a brewery tour, and samples of all the beers we currently offer. To sign up for the “class,” just email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the number of people you are bringing.
- Sullivan Farm will host a clinic with renowned horseman Buck Brannaman Oct. 15-18, in Walkertown. Brannaman, inspiration for the main character in The Horse Whisperer, will guide riders in getting unbroken horses going under saddle each morning. He will teach a class of mounted horsemanship every afternoon. His non-aggressive training methods are based on communicating trust and respect to the horse. Admission is $25.