Monday, August 16, 2010

A Firsthand View of the Wake Forest MBA Program

Second-year MBA candidate Andy Rinehart has been contributing to a Businessweek blog for the past year, and recently included his latest post. You can read the entire blog here, but we thought it would be informative to include a small sample that best details his Wake Forest experience thus far:

WFU Business School Headshots 8-20-09There are a number of things that I really liked about being a first-year MBA student at Wake Forest. First, the program was academically rigorous. I think my classmates would generally agree that we had to put forth considerable effort to be successful, and that effort was rewarded by the breadth and depth of education that we received. Second, I had several "aha!" moments throughout the year where I learned how stuff really works. These moments ranged from the trivial ("So that's why Coke and Pepsi go on sale every other week!") to the realization that I could not only understand the mechanics behind the Greek debt crisis, but explain them to someone else. Finally, I really appreciated the collegial atmosphere of the program. My peers never hesitated to help me out when I needed it, and the professors did everything they could to be as accessible as possible outside of class. Even the few lecture-style classes we had throughout the year felt more like collaborative discussions than one-way instruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment