Friday, March 5, 2010

Flying Through Spring

WFU Business School Headshots 8-20-09

It looks like we have survived one of the harshest onslaughts of winter weather in recent memory in North  Carolina. That’s not to meant to sound like a complaint. Certainly areas like DC and further north were hit much harder, but we got more than our fair share of snow.

That being said, the multitude of snow days gave me added motivation to stay inside, remain warm, and study hard for management accounting. With that class behind me and spring fast approaching, it will be difficult to stay focused for the three class I must confront between now and May. The upcoming calendar of events at the Wake Forest University Schools of Business will not help me in my task of concentration on coursework, but it will certainly prove immeasurably helpful to me academic and professional pursuits.

In just two weeks, the Healthcare Club will kick off its first healthcare conference, with Sen. Richard Burr (R-NC) poised to take the stage to talk about the reform legislation being hotly debated on Capitol Hill. This should prove to be an interesting session given the medical and legal scholarship going on at the university.

Former Walmart CEO Lee Scott is set to spend the day on campus the following week, meeting students and giving a presentation to the MA class on March 24. Details of his itinerary are starting to surface, and I am making every effort to get a few minutes with him to talk about sustainability, retailing, and the global economy. This is a must-show event for me!

The BIG Campus Connect The Legend Begins - April 5-8Two more events certainly threaten to distract me. The Elevator Competition on March 26-27 will be closely followed by the Firsthand Experiences blogging team. We will keep everyone up to speed on the event as we did with last month’s Marketing Summit. This time however I am hoping to ramp things up just a bit, giving an even more in-depth look into a very unique event!

In April, I plan to assemble the ultimate Dream Team of trivia minds to dominate this year’s CampusConnect Quiz Bowl. I haven’t participated in an event like this since high school, so it should make for a good time. Campus Connect also offers a talent competition and an Amazing Race event. Faculty is also urged to compete, so there is added incentive to attend!

That being said, I am going to go study some more. I figure it best to hit the books now while it is still freezing outside. I am sure I will see many of you during this full slate of events.

~Paul Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment